Sunday, November 21, 2010

Girl Power!

We had our monthly meeting of our Get Fit Club today, and I left feeling so inspired by this strong, amazing group of women that I have become a part of!  We meet once a month to workout together, once a month to discuss our successes and failures and in the mean time we support each other and talk about how our goals are coming on our message board

This is not a competition (although we do challenge each other), its not a weight loss group (although that is a goal for some) and its not a whine & moan session (although that happens too - and its okay, because we're all going through the same things).  Its a group of women coming together to support each other in our own personal goals (whatever those might be) - and we have some amazing built in professional help since one of our members is Jo from Jo Dumont Fitness Training!

What struck me today, was the sheer power in the room when women come together with a common goal - to make our lives, and our families lives healthier.  We talked about what our successes, failures and challenges had been over the last month, what we wanted our goals to be over the coming month, and how we are going to make them happen.  We made suggestions for each other on how we can jump the hurdles we face, and yes, we complained a bit about our kids, husbands and lives as supermoms.  I left with the feeling that "I can do this!  I can make changes in my life that will lead me to be healthier and teach my children how to lead healthy lives!"  I think its amazing - I mean people pay big bucks to be involved in weight loss support groups, and here we have built our own little group of amazing women - and I think we are so much better!

You're invited to join us next month - or any month.  If you're not a member yet, sign up for your free trial membership - free participation in The Get Fit Club is only one of the many benefits you'll enjoy as a member!

3 comments:

  1. :) It's going to be a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should come back to GF...sounds like it was a very motivational meeting today

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great meeting! And the coffee was good too :)

    ReplyDelete