Monday, July 23, 2012

The Older Mom: The Olden Days

I had my first baby at 30. Not too old, not too young. But then I didn't have my second until I was almost 37. The next when I was 38. Now I am an Older mom. 

I don't feel old. I don't feel like I am approaching 40... but I am an older mom. Being the momstown Mama for Central Alberta, I can see birth dates of all that sign up, and there have been some that are AFTER I graduated from high school.

Sure motherhood is an experience that  brings us all together, something we all can relate to... but it is hard to believe when someone has no idea what happened in the 90's!! lol Someone who doesn't understand my love for the Beastie boys?

All kidding aside, I'm lucky I look pretty young for my age, always have. I was being ID'd for the bar until I was well into my 30's...

But today, well my oldest daughter made me feel really old. 

She asked me something I remember asking my own mother.

She asked me about THE OLDEN DAYS when I was a kid... specifically if I had a dress like they have in green gables so she could play dress up. 

I am a 70's child... just for the record (saving you having to do the math lol)...


So, have your kids asked you about the olden days yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment