I saw this Today's Parent Article, and thought about my own daughter and her school pictures.
I recall preparing for my school pictures every year, picking out what I was going to wear days before, practising how my hair would be, and usually asking my mom if there was something 'special' she could do for my hair for the big day.
This year was the first year I allowed my 9 year old to choose everything herself. This included picking out the background color for the picture, and her pose. (Who else grew up when there were no such choices, and this makes me feel a bit on the old side!) I also allowed her to choose her clothes AND do her own hair. I have never given up ALL the control. Wow was this hard to do!!
I know there are retakes, but it isn't the same. It isn't the picture of the first few weeks of school.
I know I can look at any picture of me from school and I KNOW the year it was taken, I know what grade I was in and I know who my best friend was.
I also get to chuckle at a few of them and my hair styles and clothes!!
Thinking about school pictures, I dug out a few of mine from elementary school... wow I am not as cute as I remember! ha ha
I showed this picture of me from Grade 5 and my oldest asked "WHO IS THAT?
Ha ha She doesn't even know her own mother!
So today the school picture proofs were brought home....
I think they are great! And I didn't have a hand in any of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment