Wednesday, November 21, 2012

momstown Fall conference 2012: WOW!

Since I became the owner of the momstown Central Alberta Chapter in August 2011, I have been lucky to attend 2 amazing conferences. The conference this past weekend was to be my third. I didn't get there. Not because I didn't want to be there, and certainly not because I thought I didn't need to be there!!

Nope I was "grounded" by my doctor. Given strict orders not to leave the province. It is getting close to the "no fly zone" in terms to how many weeks pregnant I am, but also because of some complications that are starting to appear at the end of this Pregnancy. It just wasn't a good idea to travel that far right now, on a plane!

I have never felt so out of the loop, and this is BEFORE the conference started. I knew all that I was missing. The camaraderie, the learning, the team work, the bonding, and did I mention the LEARNING?

My amazing team did their best to keep me IN THE LOOP! Via Skype and Twitter I was still apart of the team! It was amazing! We are all independent business women, running our business, and they could have left me in the dark. Not their problem I couldn't be there. They have their own businesses to work on. But not the momstown team. We are a force for a reason!! They skyped me in, made sure I could hear, engaged with me on twitter, sent me the files I needed and the power point presentations I needed to see.

If I had to pick what was the one thing I leaned this weekend? It would be that momstown is the largest mom focused Event and Media Company in Canada. What else? I own the largest Event and Media Company in Central Alberta!

So no I didn't get to experience the Fern Resort first had, which I know is amazing because I had so many of my team tell me why! I didn't get to ride in a swanky new Honda, and no I didn't get to have all the fun team building that was done at the bonfire, at the casino, over a board game and in the Dining room, but I was there!

Thank you to the best team I have ever had the privilege of working with!!

And I know I never want to miss another momstown conference.!

1 comment:

  1. We missed you Tanya! But so darn impressed how you hung in there for hours on skype and participated the best you could. xo

    ReplyDelete