Saturday, June 22, 2013

Alberta Flood 2013


I grew up on Calgary. Graduated high school from Bishop Grandin High School. Spent my 20's living in the Beltline and working in downtown Calgary. I am a huge Calgary Flames and have been since they moved to Calgary. 


Inside the Saddledome - posted on facebook

I was married in Banff. Had our wedding reception in Canmore




You always see floods and other natural disasters on TV and think how terrible...But wow, when it IS places you know and love, with people you know and love affected...
I live in Red Deer now. We have been under a flood warning as well. It has been odd waiting for the waters to arrive here, hopping that we are not hit as hard. Red Deer luckily had warning... As a city we have had time to fill sand bags, to prepare.

Swollen Red Deer River

I can only imagine how it must feel to be one of the ones affected. The ones that had no time to grab anything just had to leave as the water came so fast...

What I love is that the amount of people needing shelter is very minimal, the people of this province have been amazing, taking in friends, family and strangers!

This disaster only emphasizes what an amazing organization the Canadian Red Cross is. They are where we need them when we need them, when people have had to leave everything and The Red Cross is there. 

The momstown team is so proud to have the Red Cross as our National Charity and an amazing partner. This is why I donate to The Red Cross every month for just that reason, and why I will donate again to help the flood victims!

Here is the link do that you can Donate as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment