I had my first Banana Boat on a Girl Guides camping trip when I was a kid and I have never forgotten how awesome of a treat this was!
I remember being astonished that yes we put these RIGHT IN THE FIRE!!
It is a super easy and fun recipe to do with the kids on a camping trip!
What you need:
Bananas
Mini Marshmallows
Chocolate Pieces or Chips
Tin Foil
Campfire
Slice the Banana open lengthwise, make sure you don't cut all the way through
Stuff mini marshmallows and chocolate inside - you decide the amount!
wrap the whole banana in tinfoil, making sure it is all well covered
place the tinfoil wrapped banana into the fire for about 5 minutes - the waiting is the hardest part!
Remove (carefully) and unwrap and have a spoon ready to eat the deliciousness!
Oh I remember these delish treats! Thx for the reminder :)
ReplyDelete