Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's Spring!

Have you heard?  It's spring... or so the calendar says.  If you actually look outside you might think it was February.  But whatever - the calendar says that its April, so it's spring.

It was a beautiful day today - and I need points for our Get Fit Survivor Challenge - so my family and I hit the trails at Bower Ponds for a family walk.  Please ignore the two feet of snow on either side of the trail - remember, it's spring.



The entire way around the loop - all we heard was "Can we go to the park?", "When are we going to go to the park?", "I can't walk anymore unless we go to the park!" from our 5 year old... so we take the cue that spring fever has set in and head to the playground.


The kids had a great time tromping around in the snow - from the slides to the teeter-totter to the monkey bars.  Who cares if rain boots are a bit slippery on the snow?  The best part is that we weren't the only ones who decided to embrace spring today - there were plenty of families out doing the same!  Welcome to spring in Central Alberta!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sarcasm!
    "If you actually look outside you might think it was February. But whatever - the calendar says that its April, so it's spring."

    ReplyDelete