Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Scrapbooking Anyone?

One of the things I've wanted to do ever since launching momstown Central Alberta is start a monthly scrapbooking club.  I love scrapbooking - it lets me flex my creative muscle (which is severely out of shape, unless you're talking about crafts appropriate for two year olds!) while capturing my family memories forever.  I never seem to have time to get to it at home however, so I figured if I started a monthly club - I would MAKE time for it every month.

I've tried it a few times - and haven't had much interest.  I thought maybe it was just because we didn't know each other well enough yet?!?  Well - we now definitely know each other well enough - and I've come to discover that there simply aren't too many scrapbookers in our group.

The few of us that there are scrapbookers got together last month at Savvy n' Sassy to crop together.  We had a great time - and I actually made some inroads in my two year old's newborn album - that's how far behind I am!


So - we decided that we're going to have to introduce this great hobby to the group - and we're running a Learn to Scrapbook event in May.  Robin is going to school us in her expert ways - and we're going to get you all hooked on this awesome hobby!

If you're interested in learning how to scrap - join us!  If you're not, join us anyways!  We offer tons of other events every month - there's something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment