
DISCLAIMER: This blog post is NOT about convincing you to vote for a particular party or candidate. Promise. It is about getting you out to Vote. Not just voting, but lets MOM THE VOTE.
Do you know who you are voting for this election?
I have found this to be really helpful, lets you see where your views align with what political party.
As moms we have strong opinions on the issues that affect our families, right? So we need to use these ideas and opinions and make sure these opinions are heard. The only REAL way to do this is to make sure you vote on Monday in Alberta's provincial election.
Why am I writing about this? Well I have a husband who is from a place where voting is not "free and fair". Where if you speak out against the government, you can be killed. Its cliche to say we should appreciate that we live in a pretty free and fair country/province.
Do we really realize how lucky we are to be able to vote freely without threat of repercussions if we vote against ANYTHING or ANYONE.
So please, use your voice, VOTE. Better yet, Lets MOM THE VOTE!!
*image credit
Very well put - I tell that to everyone - That it is our Right and Duty to Vote :) ... People die everyday around the world for more basic rights then voting So lets get off our butts and do it!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I'm still not entitled to vote in Canada, but will as soon as I can. Even though I don't reside in my home country, I always make sure to vote at the embassy. History has shown us that one voice makes a difference.
ReplyDeleteWe take so much for granted in Canada. I voted in the early vote and am working the election for the first time.(should be an interesting experience)
ReplyDeleteYes, we must be grateful we have the ability to vote. I'll be casting my vote. It's my ticket to complain. If you don't vote...you can't complain...right? lol
ReplyDelete