Disasters can strike quickly and without warning. If a hazardous material leak required your family to evacuate or a severe winter storm confined your family at home, would you know what to do? An earthquake, flood, tornado, or any other disaster could cut water, electricity, and telephones for hours or days. Could you keep your family warm and fed?I know that I don't know. I think a lot of us have the "it wont happen to me" attitude. But now I think firstly of the Fire that engulfed Slave Lake last year. What would I do if that happened here?
momstown and the Canadian Red Cross are partners and offering a free course titled "Personal Disaster Preparedness Course" and I want to invite you to attend!
It's a 1 hour workshop where our volunteers will go through exactly how to make a grab-and-go kit for the house and car. The preparedness message lies at the heart of Red Cross disaster management efforts.
While we won't have child care available, there won't be any problem with having children at the workshops. We will try to baby-proof the rooms as much as possible, but please note, this is an office space so we cannot completely baby-proof the room.

Great course!!! I always wonder what I am suppose to do in different situations. I can never remember which are the right answers or the wrong answers.
ReplyDeleteWow...what a great idea for a course! I am so not prepared for something to go wrong!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great! I was born and raised in Slave Lake, we always dealt with evacuation warnings from fires and my family always took them seriously, packing up the important things. With the fire last year, my parents had one of their big trucks packed with all of their important things and although their house did not burn down, had it, they would have been prepared. Great course, way to go Tanya!
ReplyDelete