Thursday, May 3, 2012

momstown gets prepared thanks to the Red Cross!

This morning some of the momstown Central Alberta Moms were able to attend a FREE course on personal disaster preparedness!



We learned the three steps to Emergency Preparedness -
1) know the risks 
2) make a plan 
3) get a kit!!

We also learned what to put in our kit, many things that I wouldn't think if right away like a can opener, cash and extra keys!

Also to have a plan if your car is not accessible or useable, what would you do?

Such great information, so much stuff that I know I would forget in the face of a real emergency, hence the need to be prepared!
 
On top of being treated to some very valuable information, the Red Cross Red Deer office spoiled us with Coffee, a fruit tray, with juice and cookies and coloring pages, stickers and tattoos for the kids!



In our take away kits, they even thought of us moms and put all of our papers in a plastic sealed bag so we don't drop anything while we are trying to wrestle our kids into their car seats! BRILLIANT!!

For some great information make sure you check out redcross.ca
Dora was the lucky winner of the door prize of a fanny pack first aid kit!

3 comments:

  1. Such a great course to offer our community! Brilliant idea...keep us posted when the next one will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I heard the can opener thing when Slave Lake had their fire. I would have never thought of it!! Scares me to think what would happen if there was an emergency here. I know we are not ready, but freaks me out to bad to actually plan for it.

    I would like to take your next course as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to attend. If you ever want to host one in Lacombe, we would love to help you!

    ReplyDelete